Saturday, July 23, 2011

Some Powerful Words Evidently

Wow… One whole day after I publish my blog entry “Borders Goes Way Over the Border”, Borders makes headlines and announces that they’re closing all of their remaining stores. I can’t say that I didn’t warn them, even if it was a tad bit late. Actually, I had written the entry a few weeks ago and just never got around to publishing it. I guess, if nothing else, you can say that I can smell a financial disaster in the making. I can’t say I’m shocked, really, since, after all, a 100%+ markup on in-stock goods is quite a bizarre strategy for selling anything.

In the meantime, we’re all sweating to death out here in Minnesota as the latest heat wave steals all of our energy away. Some year in weather 2011 is turning out to be. First, we get a record amount of snow, a winter that simply won’t end, and now we’re all dying of heat stroke. Yes, Minnesota weather, let me tell ya… It’s so hot and humid that all of my windows are steamed up so that you can’t see a blasted thing out of them. When I get out of the car, my glasses fog up for about 2 minutes. It’s fun stuff. And, even more fun…it just hailed again briefly about an hour ago, literally as my car is in for repairs for, yes, you guessed it, hail damage. At least it’s in the right spot to repair the new damage with the old.

No comments: