Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Yet Another Month

It's been awhile since I've posted but figured I'd poke my head out here.  I've been extremely busy between work and music so I've had little time for anything else.  I'm busy enough that I usually am quite stressed in general, running around the house like a lunatic, trying to get as many tasks done as I possibly can in the smallest windows of time possible.

I've got my day job, music, writing, both large and smaller house related projects to figure out, artwork for CD's, sending off songs and mixes for potential new video ideas, usually some doctor's related appointments, normal chores, and of course play time with the cats.  I usually end my days with watching at least a portion of a film before passing out and going to sleep.  Most of my days are fairly exhausting, to be honest.  My cats are convinced that I'm boycotting them.

I've lost track of the last time that I mentioned Mohs.  I had my "last" appointment almost a month ago and so my head is starting to look more healed.  I've had 12 excisions so far...and I go in again in mid June to be reevaluated, of which I'm fairly certain I have at least 3 more spots that will need to be removed.  This madness just never ends AND I rarely ever leave the house - seriously.  In fact, I didn't really leave the house much before but now that I have to douse my body in sunscreen even if I'm running over to Starbucks for a whole 3 minutes, it's made me even more of a hermit.  I'm sure the neighborhood thinks I'm a guitar playing vampire or something along those lines.

On top of that, I've been fighting with my vision again.  I had a weird occurrence just a little over a week ago where it seemed that I saw a lightning bolt out of the corner of my eye.  Well, there was no lightning, mind you, and the vision in my bad eye suddenly got a bit worse as did the distortion/crooked lines issue.  I finally got ahold of my retina doctor but he doesn't seem too terribly concerned at the moment.  This either means that weird things are to be expected in an eye that's had 2 retinal detachments or that he's looking forward to making more cash for a potential boat purchase when I have to go in for a third surgery.  This remains to be seen, I guess.

Has anyone else had issues with progressive lenses?!  My prescription altered greatly with last year's retinal detachment and so my new glasses are pretty wonky.  The reading/progressive area is now fairly powerful and I'll tell ya...I can't see sh*t usually in these glasses.  I mean, it's ridiculous.  I heard somewhere recently where some people suggest NOT getting progressives, which are ridiculously pricey, by the way, and instead just having multiple pairs of glasses for different purposes.  It sounds like a pain in the ass either way but I'm thinking I might explore it since I'm getting tired of bumping into things constantly.  Hell, even pouring coffee can be challenging at times, especially with a bad eye.  I can't even count how many times I've spilled or knocked something over in the past month.

That's pretty much my life at the moment.  As soon as something amusing happens, I'll be sure to write about it here :)

No comments: